Friday, January 4, 2013

Journal Entry # 8

It's definitely true that if you want something bad enough you'll do anything you can to get it. Montag wanted so bad to be taught the words and messages of the good book (Bible), and he went to his only reliable source, Mr. Faber, for assistance(who adored the book), but for him the risk seemed too high.  In return, Montag basically blackmailed Mr. Faber- "Would you like to own this...His hands....began to rip the pages from the book. The hands tore the fly-leaf and then the first and then the second page", (Bradbury 88). He actually infuriated Mr. Faber causing him to give in-"All right, all right", (Bradbury 88). It took a lot of guts to rip something as sacred as the pages of the Bible. Not that I can say that I would do it because I know my conscience wouldn't allow me to do such a thing, but you can really tell how desperate and determined Montag is as an individual. (165 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment