Friday, January 4, 2013

Journal Entry # 13

Ray Bradbury has yet driven me into his trap once more. I am truly eager to find out what in the world is going on. My speculations tell me that I was right all along. Beatty had been on to Montag and played both sides to convict him of his dishonesty and betrayal to his jobs beliefs, which resulted in the sudden events that transpired. I knew something was up when I took the pieces of the text and analyzed them in my own little maze within my brain. "The alarm-voice in the ceiling chanted...Captain Beatty...walked with exaggerated slowness to the phone and ripped out the address when the report was finished. He glanced perfunctorily at it and shoved it in his pocket. He came back and sat down…"It can wait exactly forty seconds while I take all the money away from you,” said Beatty, happily. Montag put his cards down...."Montag you don't look so well...."You'll be fine. This is a special case. Come on, jump for it!” (Bradbury 109). Montag's conscience began to play major roles on him. "How can I go at this new assignment, how can I go on burning things?” (Bradbury 110). Right then and there I began to speculate that Beatty was definitely onto him. "Why," said Montag slowly, "we've stopped in front of my house", (Bradbury 110). Now I'm eager to find out what exactly is going to happen. Will they expose Montag and burn his house? (243 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment