Friday, January 4, 2013

Journal Entry # 11-12

I'm beginning to think that Captain Beatty is aware of what Guy has been up to in a sense. "Who are a little wise, the best fool be'. Welcome back, Montag...” (Bradbury 105). "Let's have your hands in sight, Montag. Not that we don't trust you, understand, but---", (Bradbury 105). The little smart comments made by Beatty seemed as if he was slyly trying to get into Montag's head. Montag was already not as confident within himself as he needed to be to face his captain and follow through- "Old man," he said, "stay with me", (Bradbury 104). It's something when it comes to standing up for what you believe in against authority. The authoritative role seems to portray itself more dominant in a slyer way. "Don't listen," whispered Faber. "He's trying to confuse. He's slippery. Watch out!” (Bradbury 107). In my eyes, Beatty seems like a snake in disguise. He randomly comes out towards Montag saying- "I had a dream an hour ago....you and I, Montag, got into a furious debate on books. You towered with rage, yelled quotes at me. I calmly parried every thrust", (Bradbury 106). It seemed to me that Montag and Faber weren't the only one's plotting, but they had something on their hands. (208 words).


 
 
"This is a picture of Captain Beatty. As you  can see in the way he looks, his intentions were always corresponding."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment