Friday, January 4, 2013

Journal Entry #14- 15

 
 
Wow, I'm in amazement! As I am finishing my last journals I would just like to say that my speculations were partially correct. Beatty makes Montag burn his own books. What's so ironic is the simple fact that at the same time, he turns it back on Montag- "you're under arrest", (Bradbury 117). However, what's slightly cold and yet ironic at the same time is that Montag loses not only his wife, but now he's trying to escape the law as being a fugitive in the city who has committed murder on his own Captain by burning Beatty with a flamethrower. A warrant was put out for his arrest. A hound is set out to confiscate Montag. Faber, however, stayed with Montag and tried to help him get away, but the only good advice he could offer was for him to run- "Run, for God's sakes", (Bradbury 135). Montag encounters with some new associates who somewhat help camouflage himself and saves him from being killed by a policeman, but instead the man was. What caught my emotions completely off guard was the simple fact that Guy Himself watched as his wife's hotel was bombed. My heart bleeds to even know how that had to feel regardless of her leaving him hanging. He had been with this woman for about a decade or more and to see her "carrying... with a million pounds of brick, metal, plaster, and wood to meet other people in the hives below, all on their quick way down to the cellar..", (Bradbury 160), my heart bleeds at such a horrific sight to even think of witnessing. (270 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment