Friday, January 4, 2013

Journal Entry #1

As I have started to read this book, I’ve found that it already has me inquisitive of what’s truly the meaning behind its title. It begins, “It was a pleasure to burn” (Bradbury 3). In my mind I immediately draw conclusions that there must be some hidden psychological paths down this literary climb somewhere. Furthering my reading calms my speculations for a while, but at the same time I’m more curious to the fact of his ironic encountering experience with his neighbor Clarisse McClellan (who I find quite peculiar as well). She seemed very down to earth and at the same time awkwardly portrayed but she seems to have a lot of sense. For example “You are an odd one” (Bradbury 8), Guy Montag (a fireman) concludes. Already I feel the author taking me down a spiral of comparisons that seem to lead to further contradictions. For example: “Is it true that long ago firemen put fires out instead of going to start them?” (Bradbury 8).  I wonder how this statement would unwrap and come into play with the purpose of the actual title…. (186 words)


 
"In this scene you will witness Motag and Ms. McClellan coversing as they did on a regular basis.".

No comments:

Post a Comment